10 Reasons why you should hire a Home Inspector today!
1. A home inspection can reveal critical information about the condition of a home and its systems. This makes the buyer aware of what costs, repairs and maintenance the home may require immediately, and over time.
2. Safety: A home inspection can detect safety issues like radon, carbon monoxide, and mold, which all homes should be tested for.
3. Reveal Illegal Additions or Installations: A home inspection can sometimes reveal whether rooms, altered garages or basements were completed without a proper permit.
4. Protection: Home inspections are even more critical if you are buying an "as-is" foreclosed property or short sale. Dwellings that have been boarded often develop hazardous mold problems, which are costly to remedy and pose health concerns.
5. Negotiating Tool: A home inspection report presents an opportunity to ask for repairs and/or request a price reduction or credit from the seller.
6. Forecast Future Costs: A home inspector can approximate the installation age of major systems in the home like plumbing, heating and cooling, and critical equipment like water heaters. They can diagnose the current condition of the structure itself, and tell you how long finishes have been in the home. All components in the home have a "shelf-life." Understanding when they require replacement can help you make important budgeting decisions.
7. Determine "Deal-Breakers": Home inspections can help buyers identify how much additional money or effort they are willing and able to spend to take the home to a condition that is personally acceptable.
8. Learn to Protect Your Investment: A home inspector is a valuable educational resource. I can suggest specific tips on how to maintain the home, and ultimately save you thousands of dollars in the long term.
9. Reveal the Big Picture: People use the home inspection to understand the nuances of what may be the biggest purchase they ever make. People fall in love with a piece of property based on the color of the walls, the location of the home, or something else; they are completely blind to the issues that can make that dream home a nightmare!
10. Insurance: Some insurance companies will not insure a home if certain conditions are found.